Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Years Resolutions...

This is a little late, huh?!  I don't usually make New Years Resolutions.  Honestly, I can't tell you the last time I made any.  This year I decided to make some.  I wanted them to be ones that were attainable and really relevant to struggles I have on a daily/monthly/yearly basis.  So here they are...hold me accountable!!

1.  Read the Bible, in its entirety! - One of the things I asked for from Troy for Christmas was a new bible.  I need to do better about making God's word a part of my daily routine.  Troy got me a very nice journal bible that has a one year Bible reading plan in the back, so now I have no excuses!!  We also bought Ansley a new 'age appropriate' Bible and have been taking time after her bath every night to have a family devotion time.  Troy and I also have joined a new Journey Group at church that is making marriage its focus.  We have just started reading the book "Love and War" by John and Stasi Eldredge which I am very excited about.  Its amazing to see how God is already pouring into me on a personal level as well as in my role as a mother and a wife.

2.  Try at least 1 new recipe a month! - I've gotten into a pretty good routine of cooking the same things in a 2 week rotation.  I need to do a better job of introducing new dishes on a regular basis.  So far I've cooked 2 new recipes this week!  I'm on a roll, people!

3.  Build our savings account! - Last year was not a good year for us when it came to financial obstacles.  Almost anything that could break in a house or on a car, broke on ours.  I'm not sure even if we had a good stash in savings we would have been prepared for all that came our way.  So, I've made it my mission this year to build our savings account to help soften the blow if 2011 happens to be anything like 2010 was.  Please stop now and say a prayer for us that it won't be!!

4.  Get into and have an actual start date for nursing school! - This also encompasses me doing well in my Anatomy & Physiology (and possibly Microbiology) classes I will be taking this year.  I am attending an information session later this month for my ideal nursing school in Charlotte.  I hope to have a better plan after that as to what my next step will be in applying and an idea of when I'll be able to start!

So there, my goals for 2011!

1 comment:

Brent and Kristen said...

Ok, prayer said about savings. My goal isn't to read the Bible through but I do want to "study" it and know it better so maybe we can hold each other accountable on this. Also, feel free to pass any yummy new recipes my way! Sounds like you've got some great goals!