Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Surprise Weekend!! (Part 2) SKYDIVING

So early Saturday morning the 3 girls loaded into the car and drove to Chester for our skydiving adventure. I think we all had a freak out moment when we drove up! But shortly after we arrived we got to watch a group of jumpers land and I think we were all calmed by discovering that people do this ALL the time and rarely do you ever hear of anything bad happening.

After, literally, a 10 minute training session we were suited up and got ready to fly at 14,000 feet!
Our tandem partners. My partner was at about 3700 jumps and Neely's had 4800...just to give you an idea of how often these people jump!
The boys got there a little later than expected and didn't realize we were in the air until we landed. Here is one of us just as we all touched down. Notice I'm still wearing the cool hat, and Neely is still in the 'slide' position on the ground.
"I'M ALIVE" - what I'm saying in this pic



Ansley and I watching the jumpers who went up after us.

This was truly and amazing experience that I hope to have the opportunity to do again before I die. It was one of those things that had so much anticipation leading up to it, it was over way too soon. So, if anyone reading this would like to go skydiving, I HIGHLY recommend it and would love to go back with you!!

No comments: